Monday, October 29, 2007

New Alliance & Danish politics

I just wanted to clarify from this article here that I do not agree with all of Khader's policies. Firstly 1% of GDP on foreign aid. I say either lower taxes or that money spent on better services for the people living here who paid it in, I am sick to death of "foreign aid", all it seems to do is keep the recipients down in poverty, except for a landed few in the recipient country who divvy it out amongst themselves. Bottom line Free Trade, not Foreign Aid. Secondly, longer school education, well, this one horrifies me, since part of the reason for moving here was to keep my kids away from starting British schools at age 4. The less time my kids spend in any government-sponsored brainwashing institution the better. Yet another reason to be thankful for the almost-free private school system in Denmark. And as for free school meals - arghh! Has no-one seen how the British school meals system has turned out???? Rye Bread is the healthiest thing going for kids. I already commented on the School Meals system previously.

Were the last two comments me praising something about Denmark? Good god i think it was! and I didn't choke on my words either...

but hey, first step to progress here is to smash the awful Danish tax system, and I'll tolerate a load of stuff just to see that one happen...

No comments: