Monday, October 29, 2007

Holidays in Denmark

One thing I really find it hard to get used to is the amount of holidays Danes take. and they all usually go away at the exact same time. In fact, the office then is usually empty with me and a couple of other sad souls who forgot to take the week off around.

A lot of this comes from the fact that the tax rate rises to nearly 70% once you dare to earn over 360,000 kr (about £34,000!). I can't say I blame them, after all it really isn't worth bothering to work in those circumstances, is it? The other thing that becomes apparent is the lost productivity for Denmark that those high taxes are causing.

Upshot is, to fit in here you must learn to work less. Or something like that. Maybe one day I'll have had the drive to try and do anything knocked out of me too.

No comments: